- I am thrilled with the reaction students, teachers and parents have had to this year's Accelerated Reader Theme, Reading Rainforest. This is very gratifying to me, since I have never considered myself an artsy person.
- I am excited that Christina has given my her old Cricut. It is wonderful, kind of like an Ellison machine on steroids. I used her new Cricut to make the die cuts for this year's reading theme.
- The first week of school was pretty good. It would have been excellent if we did not have to deal with the new meal program. I am sure there are lots of beneficial features in the new program, but in terms of data-entry efficiency, the old system was better. (There, I said it.)
- I still haven't decided about the first training session for library media specialists. Let me know what you want. Teachers could come to these, too. There are a lot of cool things I have learned this past year that could make life easier and information more accessible.
- It's gonna be a great year, Tater.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Really Random Thoughts
My professional career has spanned 33 years and included experience in public and school libraries, elementary, middle and adult education. I am looking for new challenges as retirement from public education looms. I am interested in consulting, online course development, authorship and higher education.