I have decided to fully evaluate Brookhaven Elementary's Library Media Program and to set yearly goals in each of the four domains of the library media specialist. For 2010-2011 my goals are as follows:
As a teacher:
- I plan to devise and implement a cyber safety curriculum for all grade levels in 2010-2011. The county uses the iSafe curriculum, and I plan to incorporate this with other web-based resources to best meet the needs of our students. This will take place September through April.
- I want to continue working on research projects with Mrs. Henderson (explorers, Native Americans), Mrs. DeLawder (scientists) and Mrs. Lowe (energy). I would like to co-teach possibly two other projects as well.
- I would like to run Writers Club during the 5th grade RTI period. I feel this would allow children to participate in the club without sacrificing a much needed recess.
- I will attend monthly collaborative planning meeting with all grade levels in hopes of better serving the needs of all teachers.
- I will continue to develop the AskMrsMartin webpage to include resources to support learning units.
- I will update the Brookhaven Technology Center site on a regular basis with informtion and trends I have discovered through my personal learning network.
- I will conduct to staff development sessions per month on items of interest to the faculty.
- I will test and determine the usefulness of mobile presenters.
- I will communicate my program monthly via blog, wiki update or the school newsletter.
- I will develop a library handbook.