Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I need a break.

Maybe it is the barometric pressure. The new fallen snow has enlivened the kids' spirits, but it seems to have made me sensitive to every sound. I hate it when the phone rings. For one thing, there is the noise. For another, a ringing phone can only mean that someone wants something of me. In truth, even if someone simply called to chat, I would be annoyed (back to the noise thing).

I have in the past 10 years or so felt I was affected by the changing seasons. This has become more pronounced this past year. I am reluctant to mention this to the doctor, because I don't want to be identified as a pill-seeker, but there is some truth that I want to be happy and up all the time. I am not unhappy, however; I just am, existing with neither joy or despair.

No comments: